The wedding industry is image-driven and having the ability to send an image or video is effective and advantageous. Studies show that MMS marketing performs four to five times better than online advertising for increasing brand awareness. Also, an MMS message has a much greater potential to be shared and make a positive impact.
So what is MMS?
In short, MMS stands for Multimedia Messaging Service.
- Your phone’s MMS service allows for a picture text, a video text, a text message with an animated GIF, or a written text message that’s too long for SMS.
- A text message that includes only words and emojis is an SMS message and tops out at 160 characters.
- Any message that either exceeds the 160-character limit or includes other media such as a picture or video is MMS messaging.
- With bulk texting software like ours, it’s literally as simple as sending an MMS from your computer or smart phone to a list of contacts with just one click.
- You can upload JPG, GIF, PNG, WAV, MP3, 3GP, or MP4 files, and files can be up to 5 MB and will be optimized for delivery to each of your bulk text contacts.
- MMS files can be photos or video taken by a mobile device, or files uploaded from a PC.
- MMS messages cost 2 credits to send while an SMS message cost 1 credit to send.
See our article on How to send Media
Combining your SMS marketing and event planning with pictures, and videos will help you stand out, engage your clients, plan with purpose, and grow your business.
NOTE: Our software is programmed to recognize inappropriate snapshots. If you upload a snapshot from your phone you may get a message saying your photo is under review and will be available to post as soon as it’s approved.