In this Privacy Statement, “we,” “us,” “our,” or “Event Texting” refers to Event Texting and our affiliates, which includes any person or entity that controls Event Texting, is controlled by Event Texting, or is under common control with Event Texting (such as a subsidiary, parent company, or employee).
Event Texting offers a variety of platform services that are collectively referred to as our “Services.” Individuals who use our Services through the account portal or who otherwise use the Services will be referred to as “Customers.” By contrast, individuals who simply visit Event Texting websites will be referred to as “Visitors.”
Information Event Texting Collects from You
Event Texting collects information from Customers in order to provide them with the best possible user experience. Some information is collected only from Customers, and not Visitors:
- Required Contact Information – When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about our Services or in registering to use them, Event Texting requires you to provide us with some basic contact information, such as name, company name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Billing Information – When purchasing our Services, Event Texting requires you to provide us with financial qualification and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number, and the number of employees within your organization that will be using our Services. We also track your usage of our Services, such as the number of times you use our Services and which ones you use, so we can properly bill you for your use of those Services.
- Security, Fraud Prevention, and Network Management – We collect certain information from you to ensure the security of our Services. For example, we collect your IP address when you login to our account portal as part of our “Identity Confirmation” and “IP Range Restrictions” security features. We also collect information from you and your use of our Services that allows us to appropriately manage our networks.
- Content of Your Communications and Related Data – We collect the content of your telecommunications and related information in connection with your use of our Services. To transmit your messages, voice broadcasts, and other communications, we collect the content of what you communicate through our Services and transmit it to the next carrier. Likewise, we collect and transmit related data to the next carrier that is necessary to route and connect your communication to the intended recipient.
- Communications with Our Customer Support Team – When you reach out to our customer support team, we may use the information that you provide us to identify and solve problems that have arisen and to otherwise improve our Services.
- Optional Information – Event Texting may also ask you to provide additional information, such as company annual revenues, total number of employees, and industry. We may offer you the option to import your email address book or calendar. This category of optional information includes any information that you voluntarily provide to us.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under the age of 13.
How Event Texting Uses the Information It Collects
Event Texting uses Website Navigational Information to operate and improve our Sites. We also use the information about our Customers (“Customer Data”), as well as the information about their contacts that they have uploaded and stored on our Services (“Customers’ Contact Data”), to improve our Services, develop new features, and to market and promote our Services. For example, we use this data to:
- Connect our Customers with one another. For example, we may use your Customer Data to offer you the opportunity to connect with other Customers who you might know or who might share similar characteristics, such as location or industry. We may also suggest connections between Customers whose calls, messages, broadcasts, or campaigns target similar Contacts based on analyses of Customers’ Contact Data or other anonymized aggregated data.
- Allow Customers to engage, interact, and communicate with one another about their uses of our Services. For example, we may give you the opportunity to notify Customers that you have connected with about your uses of our Services, and you may receive similar notifications from other Customers. These notifications may be initiated by you or by Event Texting.
Event Texting may use anonymized aggregate data from any source to help improve our Services and for targeted advertising purposes, including in conjunction with third parties.
The next Section discusses certain other categories of information that are regulated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). To the extent that this Section and Section 4 conflict, Section 4 is controlling.
Consent for Use of Confidential Data and Customer Proprietary Network Information
In order to better serve our Customers’ needs and to offer them additional products and services, Event Texting may analyze certain information about their usage of our Services. Such analyses will be based on your anonymized, aggregated data, and any information belonging to you will not be personally identifiable. We will provide the results of any such analyses to you in order to help you understand how other businesses that may be similar to yours are using our Services. The information used for this analysis may include:
- Customer Proprietary Network Information – Information that is made available to the Event Texting solely by virtue of your relationship with us as a telecommunications carrier is known under FCC regulations as Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”). This carrier- acquired, generated, or maintained information relates to the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and usage amount of your telecommunications services purchased from Event Texting. It also includes the content of specific telecommunications that Customers make or receive, as well as the related local and toll billing information. Event Texting acknowledges its duty under federal law and/or any applicable state law to take reasonable measures to safeguard the confidentiality of your CPNI.
- Confidential Information – In some circumstances, Event Texting may include in its analyses Confidential Information (“CI”) that is not covered under the definition of CPNI, such as your subscriber list or published information (listed or unlisted). CI could include information like your name, telephone number, address, and information related to non-telecommunications aspects of our Services. We use your CI solely on an anonymized basis.
By using our Services, you grant Event Texting permission to use any CI and CPNI for the purpose of improving your experience with our Services, providing insight into how you and other Customers use our Services, and offering you any and all products and services available from us, including offerings that are different from those you currently buy from us.
You have a right to disapprove of our uses of your CPNI and CI as set forth above. You may withdraw the permission you have granted us by agreeing to these terms at any time by notifying us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next Section discusses certain other categories of information that are regulated by the Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”). To the extent that this Section and Section 3 conflict, Section 4 is controlling.
Sharing of Information Collected
We may share Customer Data and Customers’ Contact Data with third-party service providers or others who need access to the data to perform their work on our behalf. For example, we may store this information on third-party servers. Additionally, Event Texting may share information provided by Customers and Visitors with our agents so that these agents can contact them on our behalf. Event Texting may also share this information with our agents to ensure the quality of information provided. Event Texting does not share, sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
Event Texting uses a third party intermediary to manage credit card processing. This intermediary is not permitted to store, retain, or use Billing Information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
Event Texting reserves the right to disclose personal information about Customers or Visitors if required by law, if we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the public from harm.
If we go through a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, the Customer Data and Customers’ Contact Data that we gather from you may be part of the assets transferred or shared in connection with the due diligence for any such transaction. Any acquirer or successor of Event Texting may continue to use that data as set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Customers’ Contact Data
Event Texting Customers use our Services to host data and information. Such information usually includes Customers’ Contact Data, such as data about the contacts they wish to communicate with by using our platform. Event Texting processes Customers’ Contact Data on behalf of our Customers. We only use Customers’ Contact Data for the purpose of providing Services to our Customers.
- Release of Contact Data. By uploading your Contact Data to our Services, you release this information to us.
- Right to Store and Use the Contact Data. By uploading your Contact Data to our Services, you represent that you have the right to store and otherwise use that Contact Data on our Services, as well as the right to communicate with the Contact using that information.
- Customer Responsibility for Maintaining a Secure Account. Customers are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of their Event Texting usernames and passwords. This is important to protect the confidentiality of their Contact Data.
- Requests for Deletion of Contact Data by the Contact. Any Contact of a Event Texting Customer who would like their data to be deleted from a Customer’s account should send such requests directly to the Customer. If contacted, however, Event Texting will make our best effort to accommodate requests that appear to be genuine and legitimate.
Friend Referral and Customer Testimonials
Customers and Visitors may elect to use our referral service to inform their friends about our Sites. When using the referral service, Event Texting requests the friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit our Sites. We do not store this information. Customers and Visitors are responsible for obtaining the consent of any friend or referral that you provide to us.
Event Texting posts a list of Customers and testimonials on our Sites that contain information such as Customer names and titles. Event Texting obtains the consent of our Customers prior to posting this information and Customer testimonials.
Event Texting uses proper security measures to protect Customer Data from unauthorized access and to maintain that data’s accuracy. When the Service is accessed using Internet Explorer version 6.0 or later, Firefox version 2.0 or later, or Safari version 3.0 or later, Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology protects Customer Data using both server authentication and data encryption. Event Texting has also implemented an advanced security method based on dynamic data and encoded session identifications, and we host our Sites in a secure server environment that uses firewalls and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
These technologies help ensure that Customer Data is safe, secure, and only available to the Customer to whom the information belongs and those to whom the Customer has granted access. Event Texting also offers additional enhanced security features within the Service that permit Customers to configure security settings to provide an even greater level of security.
Event Texting secures Customers’ Contact Data in the same manner as that described above for securing Customer Data.
While Event Texting utilizes electronic and physical security to reduce the risk of improper access to or manipulation of data during transmission and storage, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of the data and shall not be liable for breaches of security or integrity, third-party interception in transit, or any damage caused to your computer or other property by your use of the Event Texting Services.
Correcting and Updating Your Information
Customers may update or change their registration information by editing their user or organization record. To update a user profile, please visit the Event Texting Login Page, sign in with your login information, and then click “My Account” and click “Personal Info.” To discontinue your account and request that the information you maintained on our Services be returned to you, please email email@example.com. Requests to access, change, or delete your information will be handled to the extent possible within 30 days.
California Privacy Rights and Customers’ Contact Data
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100, et seq.) provides California residents with specific rights regarding the use of their personal information. The CCPA defines “personal information” as information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. As described in Section 6 above, Event Texting Customers use our Services to host Customers’ Contact Data that Event Texting Customers collect.
Event Texting operates as a service provider with respect to Customers’ Contact Data. This means that we only use Customers’ Contact Data for the purpose of providing Services to our Customers. To fulfill these purposes, Event Texting may access Customers’ Contact Data to provide our Services, to address technical or other service problems, or to comply with instructions of our Customers who provided the data. We do not access, retain, use, or disclose Customers’ Contact Data for any other purpose.
If you, a California resident, wish to exercise your rights to access, delete, or opt-out of the sale of your personal information, please submit your request directly to the Customer who submitted your data to Event Texting. You may also contact us to request information about the Customer who provided Event Texting with your data by submitting your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving your request, where possible, we will refer your request to the Customer(s) who submitted your data and provide you with their contact information. We are committed to upholding your privacy rights and will support our Customers as needed in responding to your request.
Event Texting offers Customers and Visitors who provide their contact information a way to choose how we communicate with them. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking here or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of our marketing emails. Additionally, you may send a request specifying your communications preferences to email@example.com.
Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with us or our Services.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Event Texting reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement. Event Texting will provide notification of the material changes to this Privacy Statement on our Sites at least thirty (30) days prior to the change taking effect.
Questions regarding this Privacy Statement can be submitted through our Contact Us page.